Key papers for CRASH-19 protocol development:
- Boyle A, Di Gangi S, et al. Aspirin therapy in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is associated with reduced intensive care unit mortality: a prospective analysis. Critical Care 2015; 19:109.DOI: 10.1186/s13054-015-0846-4
- Calfee CS, Delucchi KL, Sinha P, et al. Acute respiratory distress syndrome subphenotypes and differential response to simvastatin: secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Respir Med 2018; 6: 691–8
- Madjid M, Safavi-Naeini P, Solomon SD, Vardeny O. Potential Effects of Coronaviruses on the Cardiovascular System A Review. JAMA Cardiol 2020. DOI:10.1001/jamacardio.2020.1286
- Matthay MA, Zemans RL. The acute respiratory distress syndrome: pathogenesis and treatment. Annu Rev Pathol. 2011;6:147‐163. doi:10.1146/annurev-pathol-011110-130158
- Vaduganathan M, Vardeny O, Michel T, McMurray JJV, Pfeffer MA, Solomon SD. Renin–Angiotensin–Aldosterone System Inhibitors in Patients with Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2020; : NEJMsr2005760.
- Wu C, Chen X, Cai Y, et al. Risk Factors Associated With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Death in Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA Intern Med 2020; published online March 13. DOI:10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.0994.
CRASH-19 is registered with ClinicalTrials.gov